'Tis still the season for gifts! Here are some more Green Things that make great stocking stuffers for friends and family — or great gifts to yourself. These ones are some of my personal faves:
1. Thomas Paul Octopus Tea Towel at Velocity: the octopus print is adorably weird. Need I say more? 100% cotton, hand-screened.
2. Washi Tea Tins at Teavana: covered in colorful Japanese washi paper, these terrific tins will brighten your kitchen, and keep your loose leaf tea fresh for up to a year.
3. Roost Hardwood Rimmed Coasters at Velocity: a rustic chic way to keep your tabletops free of wet marks; crafted from natural materials.
4. London City Bag at Famille Summerbelle: Crushingly cute canvas shopper, complete with an internal pocket for valuables and a reinforced padded base for extra strength; hand screen printed in India by a socially responsible co-operative using ethical materials.
5. Baker's Delight Kid's Apron at Anthropologie: the sweetest gift of all, perfect for the sweetest little baker on your Christmas list; 100% cotton.
6. Borosilicate Glass Measuring Cup at Kaufmann Mercantile: simple and sleek, this measuring cup is made from the same glass used to make laboratory equipment; nonreactive, no spatula needed to remove contents.
7. Poem Cup & Saucer by Design House Stockholm: Put down your iPad, iPhone and laptop and go offline for a while; stonewear cup and saucer with attached pen encourages the poet in us all.